Article 1 Objective
1. Dear U (hereinafter referred to as “The Company”) values personal information of members when providing bubble for JYPnation services (hereinafter referred to as "The Services") to members, and makes utmost efforts to effectively manage and safely protect personal information of members
2. The company complies with laws and regulations regarding personal information protection such as Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization.
4. The company posts these policies on the bubble for JYPnation service screen for members to read them any time.
Article 2 Personal information to be collected and the collection method
1. The company prepares a procedure for members to consent to terms and conditions of service, and collection and usage of personal information when members sign up for the services. If the members select ‘consent’, then it is considered that the members agree to collect and use their personal information.
2. The company collects the minimum amount of personal information that is necessary to provide efficient services; the following personal information is collected for member registration and consultations, service applications, provide services, and fulfill contracts.
(1) Bubble App Membership Registration
- Required Items: E-mail address, password, profile information (nickname, profile picture)
- Optional Items: Region, gender, date of birth
3. The company may collect automatically generated information such as service usage log, connection log, cookie, IP information, ID or payment records in the course of service usage.
4. The company collects personal information in the following method.
(1) Sign-up, service inquiry, event participation, delivery request, etc.
(2) Collection through information collector tools.
5. The company notifies and receives consent from the user in advance during the process of providing mobile app services, and may collect/use the following device access permissions. The user has the right to refuse consent to the collection of optional access permission information, and they shall still be able to receive services except for these functions without giving consent. These access permissions may be changed through the device settings.
(1) Required Access Permissions
- Storage Space: Used to save photos/video/audio
(2) Optional Access Permissions
- Mic: Used to record and send voice messages/videos
- Camera: Used to film and send photos and videos and to set profile pictures and chatroom background images
Article 3 Purposes of collecting and using personal information
The company uses the collected personal information for the following purposes.
1. To implement contracts regarding provision of services
2. Member management
(1) Prevention of illegal use and unauthorized use under membership services, checking out duplicate registration, confirmation of intention to sign up, preservation of records for dispute mediation, complaint handling and delivery of notification
3. Marketing and advertisement
(1) Development of new services, provision of customized services, service provision and advertisement according to statistics, verification of service effectiveness, access frequency identification, statistics regarding members’ service use, and provision of event and advertising information and participation opportunity
Article 4 Sharing and providing personal information
1. The company uses personal information of users within the range specified in “2. Purposes of collecting and using personal information”. The company does not use the information out of the range without prior consent of users, and does not disclose personal information of users to third parties. Provided, however, following cases are exceptional.
(1) In case users agree to disclose their personal information in advance
(2) In case it is required by laws and regulations, or investigative agency requests according to procedures and methods specified in laws and regulations
2. The company provides personal information to third parties as follows only when members agree to it.
Article 5 Outsourcing the Processing of Collected Personal Information
1. The company entrusts personal information to a company specialized in information processing in order to enhance the services. The company makes service providers to strictly observe instructions related to personal information, maintain secret for personal information and prohibit from providing personal information to third parties, clearly specifies responsibilities when incidents occur through a trust agreement and stores the agreement in writing in order to secure safe trust management.
2. The trust institution and entrusted works related to personal information are as follows.
(1) Status of Outsourcing the Processing of Personal Information Domestically
Personal information retention period and consignment period
Customer services for the users
Upon withdrawal from membership or termination of consignment contract
(2) Status of Outsourcing the Processing of Personal Information Overseas
Transfer Date and Method
Purpose of Use
정보보호책임자 및 연락처
AMAZON Web Service
Online delivery upon collecting personal information
All personal information that was acquired or generated from the user
To send, process, and store personal information on the cloud
When the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved or when the outsourcing contract is terminated
Amazon.com, Inc. / https://aws.amazon.com/ko/contact-us/
However, AMAZON Web Service may only physically manage the server, and shall not access the personal information of members in principle.
Article 6 Retention and usage period for collected personal information
1. If a member cancel membership or member account is deleted due to false personal information, any collected personal information will be completely deleted and not used for any purposes whatsoever.
2. Personal information shall be immediately discarded once the retention period that was made known to the member's customer and agreed upon by the customer passes or when the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved. However, if it is necessary to retain personal information in accordance with the company's internal policies or the regulations of relevant laws, personal information may be retained for the periods stipulated below.
(1) Following items are destroyed after being stored for a certain period pursuant to the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc. (Retention period)
- Records related to contracts or withdrawal of subscription (5 years)
- Records for payment and supply of goods (5 years)
- Records related to consumer’s complaints or disputes (3 years)
- Records for presentation/advertisement (6 months)
(2) All books and evidential documents for transactions prescribed by the Tax Law under the Basic Act for National Taxes will be destroyed after five years of retention period.
(3) Records on electronic financial transaction will be destroyed after five years of retention period according to the Electronic Financial Transaction Act
(4) Service access records are destroyed after three months of retention period according to the Protection of Communications Secrets Act.
(5) Information of a legal representative provided for the consent to collecting personal information of a Minor Member under the age of 14 shall be kept until the Minor Member becomes 14 years of age or older and shall be destroyed accordingly.
Article 7 Destruction procedure and method of personal information
1. The company immediately destroys personal information after retention period has been elapsed or the purposes of collecting and using personal information are accomplished.
2. Destruction procedure
(1) In general, information entered by members for sign-up, etc. will be destroyed immediately after the purposes of collecting and using personal information are accomplished, and will not be used for the other purposes unless it is required by laws.
3. Destruction methods
(1) Printed personal information is shredded by a shredder or incinerated. Personal information saved in electronic file type will be deleted by technical method that does not allow recovery of data.
Article 8 Rights and Duties of the Information Agent or Legal Representative and How to Exercise Rights
1. The member shall check, view, or revise their own personal information at any time (including legal representatives for minors under 14 years of age), and may ask to cancel their registration or stop processing their personal information. However, use of some or all services may be restricted in such cases.
3. If members request correction or deletion of their personal information, the company takes necessary actions immediately after verifying their identification. Moreover, if it falls under Article 20 Paragraph 1 (Restriction of use, etc.) of the Terms of Conditions of Uses, personal information such as member's account may be destroyed under determination of the person in charge of personal information.
4. If members request correction for an error, such personal information will not be used or provided until the correction is finished. In addition, if wrong personal information is already given to any third parties, the result of the correction will be notified to the third parties promptly to make the correction.
6. The rights specified in Paragraph 1 and 2 can be exercised through writing or email by representative such as legal representative or mandatee. In this case, power of attorney shown in the Appendix No. 11 of the Enforcement Regulations of the Personal Information Protection Act shall be submitted.
Article 9 Technical and management measures to protect personal information
The company takes the following technical and management measures to secure safety and prevent loss, theft, leakage, falsification or damage when handling members’ personal information.
1. Technical measures
(1) The company makes best efforts to prevent members’ personal information from being leaked or damaged by hacking or computer viruses. It frequently backs up data in preparation for the case where personal information is damaged, uses the most recent vaccine program to prevent users’ personal information from being leaked or damaged, uses encrypted communication to safely transmit personal information in the network, and uses intrusion blocking system to control unauthorized access from third parties. The company is striving to have all kinds of technical devices as much as possible in order to establish a secured system.
2. Management measures
Article 10 Installation/operation of automatic collector of personal information and refusal
The company installs/operates cookies in order to support faster web environment to members. Members can refuse to install cookies.
1. What is a cookie?
(1) Cookie is a small text file sent from a server operating websites to the browser of a user. Cookie is installed in a storage of a user's device.
(2) The cookie does not collect personally identifiable information, and users can refuse to save a cookie or delete it anytime.
2. Purposes of a cookie
(1) The company can support faster and more convenient web environment for users by saving settings or preferred pages designated by users through the cookie.
3. Installation, operation of cookie and refusal
(1) Users have an option to install cookie.
(2) User can allow all cookies through option settings of web browser and OS, or allow cookies whenever they are installed, or refuse the installation of all cookies. However, if users refuse to install cookies, it may be inconvenient to use the website, and it may be difficult to use some services requiring login.
(3) Settings by browsers
- Internet Explorer: Tools menu in the upper side of web browser > Internet option > Personal information > Settings
- Chrome: Settings in the right side of web browser > Advanced settings in the bottom of the screen > Contents settings button of personal information > Cookies
Article 11 Linked Sites
Article 12 Personal Information Protection Manager
The company designates a person responsible for management of personal information in order to collect opinions regarding personal information and address claims regarding such information.
1. Person responsible for personal information management
(1) Company/Service: Dear U Co., Ltd.
(2) Name: Sungmin Jang
(3) Position: CISO
(4) E-Mail : email@example.com
The information agent can ask the following department to view their personal information in accordance with Article 35 of the Personal Information Protection Act. The company shall make the effort to quickly process the information agent's request to view their personal information.
2. Processing requests to view personal information
(1) Company/Service : Dear U
(2) Department in charge : Service Management Team
(3) E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
(4) Phone Number: 070-5158-6918 (Representative Break Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM on business days)
3. Organizations for reporting or consulting on other infringement of personal information
(1) Korea Internet & Security Agency (KISA) (https://privacy.kisa.or.kr/ 118)
(2) High-tech and financial crimes investigation division, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office (http://www.spo.go.kr /1301)
(3) Cyber Terror Response Center, National Police Agency (http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr / 182)
- Notification Date Jul. 22. 2021
- Enforcement Date Jul. 29, 2021